The Empath’s Survival Guide By Judith Orloff is an 8-Week Online Course that provides life strategies and practices for highly empathic and sensitive people.
The term ’empath’ comes from empathy and is different from sympathy. The word’s empathy and sympathy are often used interchangeably but are not synonyms. When you sympathize, it means “You feel for someone” and when you empathize, it means “You feel with someone”. Read that again and you will get the difference.
Being highly empathic or sensitive is not an illness. It is a type of personality that has a special ability to sense and absorb the feelings of others. This is a unique ability however can create some real challenges. Take this quiz to understand if you are a highly sensitive person:
- Are your feelings easily hurt?
- Do you overeat to cope with emotional stress?
- If your friend is distraught, do you start feeling it too?
- Have you been labeled as “too emotional” or overly sensitive?
- Are you afraid of becoming engulfed by intimate relationships?
- Do your nerves get frayed by noise, smells, or excessive talk?
- Do you get emotionally drained by crowds & require time alone to revive?
- Do you prefer taking your own car to places so that you can leave when you please?
If you have responded “yes” to more than four questions then you are an empath (highly sensitive person) who needs to take charge of your emotions instead of getting drowned in them. Once you begin to understand your empathic nature, you can learn to take better care of yourself emotionally.
This online course is a hands-on resource that will help you learn the skills to regulate your sensitive nature so that you stay protected and empowered while meeting the world with an open heart. Before I share the course details with you, let me introduce you to your teacher.
Meet Your Teacher
Judith Orloff, MD, is a psychiatrist in private practice in Los Angeles and on the psychiatric clinical faculty at UCLA and is the author of The Empath’s Survival Guide. She has been called “the godmother of the empath movement.” She specializes in treating and supporting empaths and highly sensitive people. An empath herself, Dr. Orloff synthesizes the pearls of conventional medical wisdom with cutting-edge knowledge of intuition, spirituality, and energy medicine.
Dr. Orloff is a New York Times bestselling author whose works include The Empath’s Survival Guide, Emotional Freedom, The Power of Surrender, Positive Energy, Dr. Judith Orloff’s Guide to Intuitive Healing, Second Sight, and The Power of Surrender Oracle Card Deck. Her work has been featured on The Today Show, CNN, PBS, and in USA Today and O, The Oprah Magazine.
What Will You Learn In This Course
Session One: Discovering The Empath Experience
This session begins with Dr. Judith Orloff sharing her experience of being an empath. Her journey, as an empath is a mixed blessing. She then offers solutions to some of the most common challenges faced by an empath and shares a path to become an empowered empath in this world.
- The science of empaths & empathy.
- Measuring your own empathic sensitivity.
- Understanding 8 different types of empaths.
- Guided Practice: The Grounding and Earthing Visualization.
Session Two: How To Stop Absorbing Other People’s Distress
Empathy is an excellent trait as it helps you to connect with other people on a deeper level of understanding. However, the difficult part of being empathic is that you easily pick up on the negative energy and feelings of sadness around you. It is quite possible that you find it hard to separate yourself from the unpleasant emotions of others.
Dr. Judith shares in this session how not to get succumbed to the intense emotions and toxic energy of people that could affect your health.
- Strategies to combat toxic energy – This includes breathing exercises and setting limits & boundaries with people.
- How to be a compassionate person without getting absorbed in the pain & distress of others.
- How to identify if a symptom is yours or if you are absorbing it from others
- Guided Practice: The Three-Minute Heart Meditation
Session Three: Why Sensitive People Are Prone To Addiction – From Alcohol To Overeating
People with a sensitive nervous system tend to notice everything, their brains work overtime to process all the information. This is a good thing but there are times it can get exhausting. Highly sensitive people can become overwhelmed due to their extreme sensitivity and if you do not know how to manage this sensory overload then it can wear down their body, mind, and spirit.
To shut off themselves of their thoughts and feelings many highly sensitive people are susceptible to alcohol, drug, sex, food, gambling, shopping, and other addictions.
Dr. Judith in this session provides many positive, effective alternatives to addictions – This includes on-the-spot practices for dealing with overwhelm at the moment.
- An addiction self-assessment test.
- Discover the relationship between sensitivity and overeating
- How to cope with addictive behavior & alternatives to self-medicate.
- Guiding Practice: Find Solace in Spirit, Open to a Higher Power.
Session Four: How Sensitive People Can Cultivate Healthy Relationship
Relationships can be challenging for a highly sensitive person. They are so concerned about being a good partner that they try too hard to please and help their partners. This can lead to putting their needs first even at the cost of hurting themselves.
In this session, Dr. Judith reveals how to develop strong and clear fences to protect our sensitivities, set boundaries, and express our needs authentically.
- 12 Secrets for the empath in love.
- How to overcome the challenges an empath faces in an intimate relationship.
- How can empaths find emotionally compatible partners and enjoy meaningful relationships?
- Guided Practice: Define and Express Your Relationship Needs
Session Five: Dealing With Narcissists & Energy Vampires
Highly sensitive people are vulnerable and are often targeted by narcissists. It is always the empath who takes all the tantrums and rubbish from the narcissist. An empath should be able to identify such personalities who drain your vitality and spirit.
Dr. Judith shares a plan to deal with such “energy vampires” through strength, awareness, and compassion. She says once empaths become aware of the strength of saying “no” then they can protect themselves from people who are looking to take advantage of them.
- 7 Types of Energy Vampires & how to recognize them.
- The toxic attraction between empaths & narcissists.
- Guided Practice: Protect Yourself with This Cord-Cutting Visualization
Session Six: Being an Empathic Parent and Raising Empathic Children
As an empathic parent, you prioritize your child’s needs before your own. This does help in having deep relationships with your child and having high levels of empathy, compassion helps in improving the psychological well-being.
Dr. Judith shares in this session techniques that help to overcome challenges an empath parent would face. She also reveals the rewards of raising empath children.
- Discover the 7 Steps for empath parents to balance the stress response that happens when you are raising your kids.
- Is your child empath? A self-assessment tool.
- Practices for nurturing empathic kids.
- Guided Practice: The Ho’oponopono Prayer
Session Seven: Finding Meaningful Work & Avoiding Overwhelm
Empaths are valuable to all kinds of careers. However, you need to find the right work that supports your skills, temperament, and gifts. In this session, Dr. Judith shares how empaths can thrive in the right work environment. She reveals her wisdom for finding the best job that suits you and where you can bring your gifts to your work.
- The 3 main factors affecting empaths at work:
- Meaningful work
- The energy of the people around us
- The energy of the physical space
- The best & worst jobs for empaths
- Guided Practice: Shield Yourself at work
Session Eight: The Gifts of Being an Empath
Empaths are naturally giving, spiritually open, and good listeners. If you want heart, empaths have got it. Intuition is a wonderful gift to possess, empaths experience the world through their intuition.
In this session, Dr. Judith shares the scope of the empath’s intuitive gifts, their ability to develop super senses, and creating a deep connection with spirit guides.
- Discover different expressions of intuition
- Earth Empathy & more
- How to access your intuition deeply
- How to cope with your fears & reclaim your lost gifts
- Guided Practice: The Jaguar Protection Meditation
How Much Does This Course Cost
As I write this post this entire online course is available at a deep discounted one-time price of $97. The original price of this course is $197, there is a promotional offer going on at this moment. You may want to use the special limited-time offer and avail a flat discount of $100 on this course.
Here is the best part if for any reason this course does not meet your expectations then you can seek a full refund within 1 year of purchase of this course. So practically there are zero risks with a 1-year money-back guarantee.
Have you ever been told you need to “toughen up,” “grow a thick skin,” or “stop being so sensitive?” If so, you’re not alone. As an empath, you are part of a vital revolution of human consciousness to put the ‘humane’ back into humanity. That’s why Dr. Judith Orloff has created this groundbreaking course.
It’s her mission to make sure empaths like you get what they need to survive and thrive. I hope you’ll join this invaluable course and become a grounded, openhearted, and empowered empath.
Please note I receive compensation if you click on any links mentioned in this post to purchase a product or service from the third party website. Also, purchasing a product or service from the above links does not increase your purchase price, however, it is a great way to thank me if you enjoy my content and find my suggestions useful. I only recommend products and services that I have personally used or thoroughly researched.